Another important information set in the sampler states is the texture filtering mode.
Before staring filtering test, several terms are explained.
- MAGFILTER : filter usded during texture magnification.
- MINFILTER : filter used during texture minification.
- MIPFILTER : filter for mipmaps
- NONE : no filtering
- POINT : The texel with coordinates nearest to the desired pixel value is used.
- LINEAR : A weighted average of a 2x2 area of texels surrounding the desired pixel is used.
- ANISOTROPIC : Compensates for distortion caused by the difference in angle between the texture polygon and the plane of the screen.