There are a couple of HLSL editors or development tools such as FX composer from Nvidia, Render Monkey from ATI, Effect editor form DX3D SDK. Each has its own pros and cons and Dr.Zovil's choice is FX composer. Nvidia announced the release of FX composer2.0 at GDC2007 and it seems to have been greatly improved.
Since the FX composer is the only officeial tool in this lab at the moment, the codes posted here are only tested in FX composer. It does not mean that all the codes are only compitable wih FX composer, but some of them may not work in other environments such as Render Monkey, Effect editor, 3dsMax DX3D shader import, gamebryo fx import and so on.
- Official watermark for the authentic shader of Dr....
- Renderman Specification 3.2
- Problems solved.
- Normalizing vectors.
- Introductory chapter from ShaderX2
- Diffuse shader + Single diectional light
- Tutorial 02.
- Tutorial 01.
- Shadon, the dedicated shader test object
- FX composer, the official HLSL editor
- Dr.Zovil's HLSL laboratory is open.
- ▼ March (11)